General opinion about massage is that it’s seen as a luxury. More people however are appreciating the value of incorporating massage into their regular routines. Massage is widely celebrated to benefit the following:
- reduces stress, depression and anxiety
- relieves feelings of fitfulness, restlessness and insomnia
- relieves tension both in the mind and in the muscles
- improves muscle tone
- reduces scar tissue
- increases circulation in the body
- speeds recovery from illness
- promotes deeper, easier and more regular breathing
Massage can also realign your mind to tune into your body making you feel more whole.
Massage treatments are all tailored to each individual and their needs at the time and include techniques learned in:
- deep tissue and remedial massage – Working more deeply into areas of concern and tension in the body
- pregnancy massage – A full body massage to relax both mummy and baby during the treatment as well as targeting issues common in pregnancy such as sciatica and water retention
- Indian head massage – Stimulating the nadis or pressure points on the head to energize the body and mind
- Thai yoga massage – Known as “the lazy mans yoga” gently stretching and working on sen/energy lines to release any blockages in the body
- manual lymphatic drainage – A very gentle massage to encourage the lymphatic system to rid the body of unwanted toxins and water retention.